24 replies to this topic

#1 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Finally.  I can talk (a little) about the project I've been working on.  I'm audio director (I got to pick my title, and Emperor seemed too uppity) for Citadel Studios.  We're working on this:

http://www.ign.com/a...announce-shards

Posted Image

#2 MINTRIDDLER

MINTRIDDLER

Master of Bookmarks

• PWWNy
  • 211 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

free beta codes ? :P

WEEEEEE.... I FLY SPACESHIPS

#3 Gennosuke Kouga

Gennosuke Kouga

Worse Than Mint At Spelling

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

If it's free it's for me !
Posted Image

#4 XanthViper Ambraelle

XanthViper Ambraelle

CCP Manifest

• Administrator
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationVail, AZ

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Stud!

Posted Image
Chowder 1::2

#5 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

So is this going to be a full and proper game or some browser/facebook/mobile game?  The "top-down" bit has me kinda wondering about that.

Posted Image

#6 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

It will be a full and proper game.  "Top down" is still being considered.  With certain people who should not be named, but you may have flown with in EVE, advocating for a more modern first/third person perspective.  The game is currently in a playable state that looks pretty decent considering we've only been working on it for 6 months, but there's not a lot of content.  So when we get to a phase that I think you guys will enjoy yourselves, I'll see what I can do.  Though I think when we go to Kickstarter (Soon!) there may be packages that include alpha access and stuff for any of you who like what you see and want to throw money at it.

Also, we may not have really known that the article was going live today so it's possible (though I can neither confirm nor deny of course) that we weren't 100% prepared for it.  Not a lot of extra info, but here's the website.

www.shardsonlie.com

I didn't have anything to do with the teaser trailer aside from sound designing the company logo.  That's 100% marketing team.  But at least I can fucking talk about it now.  /sighofrelief

Posted Image

#7 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

This looks interesting.

But there is one huge question that raised itself when I read "emergent gameplay": Will scamming, trolling and ganking other players be allowed? ;)

CzWTkU4.png

#8 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

This looks interesting.

But there is one huge question that raised itself when I read "emergent gameplay": Will scamming, trolling and ganking other players be allowed? ;)

I'm hoping more info will be coming soon.  I really can't answer your question in detail, and if i go all vague and mysterious, I'm afraid I'll give you a false impression of what the game is going to be.  So let me just go with "yes" and I'll explain more when I can without getting in trouble with my boss.

Posted Image

#9 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm hoping more info will be coming soon.  I really can't answer your question in detail, and if i go all vague and mysterious, I'm afraid I'll give you a false impression of what the game is going to be.  So let me just go with "yes" and I'll explain more when I can without getting in trouble with my boss.

Hah, no worries. ;)

But I am always happy when companies leave the super boring current trend of modern games (fuck microtransactions forever, and also that "pay for early access so we can get money off the beta-testers" and "buy a 'finished' game that oh by the way is not finished at all and totally buggy but you payed full price and just submit a big report tough luck") and have the balls to try out something new, even if it may fail (which it hopefully won't). :)

CzWTkU4.png

#10 MINTRIDDLER

MINTRIDDLER

Master of Bookmarks

• PWWNy
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Yäkümö tut tut soooo bitter :P

#11 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yäkümö tut tut soooo bitter :P

Wouldn't be me if it weren't bitter... ;)

CzWTkU4.png

#12 Indy Indy

Indy Indy

Holy Postmaster

• PWWNy
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

You had me at Ultima.....

#13 MINTRIDDLER

MINTRIDDLER

Master of Bookmarks

• PWWNy
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wouldn't be me if it weren't bitter... ;)

kiss me ?

#14 Studentay

Studentay

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

That looks pretty cool. Also, who is the person who can't be named as didn't think Voldermort was in corp :D
MILF muzak :somuchpony:
Hexfalion: stupid boattruck
ELA Riald: What the fuck is a boattruck?
Yornic: It's a banana that's shaped like a cheesepuff that tastes like motor oil

#15 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

That looks pretty cool. Also, who is the person who can't be named as didn't think Voldermort was in corp :D

Ha!

Posted Image

#16 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hah, no worries. ;)

But I am always happy when companies leave the super boring current trend of modern games (fuck microtransactions forever, and also that "pay for early access so we can get money off the beta-testers" and "buy a 'finished' game that oh by the way is not finished at all and totally buggy but you payed full price and just submit a big report tough luck") and have the balls to try out something new, even if it may fail (which it hopefully won't). :)

Well depending on how the Kickstarter campaign goes, we probably *will* release early access on Steam.  We don't have any investors, and we don't want to partner with a publisher who's going to tell us how to make the game and when we're going to release (ready or not).

Posted Image

#17 Donsig

Donsig

Former PWWNy

• PWWNy
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

This looks pretty interesting.. Definitely going to keep my eye on this project.

#18 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

http://stratics.com/...itadel-studios/

Posted Image

#19 Colin Crendraven

Colin Crendraven

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

to take some burden of the developers you could open up dev tools to the public like EverQuest Next Landmark. players are using tools to make stuff and the devs take what they like to put into the full game EverQuest Next and ignore anything they don't/ Also a player studio like cosmetic thing that Planetside 2 has going. People seem to like doing free work for games I say let them and steal use their assets

#20 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

A lot will depend on Kickstarter, but it's possible that tools like that will be in the game.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic