Daniel Wittaker

PR

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

http://www.cbsnews.c...rench-hospital/

Apparently, he was even wearing a helmet and still managed to fracture his skull. Poor bloke. He's in a medically-induced coma, doctors aren't giving a prognosis because being wrong would be rather embarrassing. Also some dick French journalist tried to sneak into the guy's hospital room.

M8s, Schumi can't die. He's the Stig. It would be like losing Santa Claus. If you're a good boy all year long, the Stig will come on Christmas and help you shave a second off your times at Silverstone and Circuit de Spa Francorchamps.

Posted Image

#2 Gennosuke Kouga

Gennosuke Kouga

Worse Than Mint At Spelling

• Guest.Veteran
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

The Stig can never die!
Posted Image

#3 Daniel Wittaker

Daniel Wittaker

PR

• Guest.Veteran
  • 674 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

poast favorite Stig moments, go

http://youtu.be/U82c5hHmP_s?t=57s

http://youtu.be/9S2GwLUN-8Q?t=1m8s

Full videos below cuz stupid forum embed

#4 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

I mean, yeah, shitty for his family etc. but in the end he is just one bloke... Why all that literally world wide media interest? Nothing else going on at the moment? I mean I could understand ongoing German interest in that as he is one of our big ones, but hearing that the BBC has a reporter camping out in front of the hospital in Grenoble (nice city btw)... really?

In Austria alone 60 THOUSAND people have a ski related accident, each year, out of 8 million ski visitors each year. Round about 15 die each year. The risk of head injury is 1 in 1000 skiers (that is of all skiers, not only accidents), although nearly 100% of all children nowadays wear helmets but only about 25% of adults. Schumi luckily for him did wear one. But then again what did he do off piste...

CzWTkU4.png

#5 Khandu Eesi

Khandu Eesi

Ancient Mariner

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA MS Gulf Coast

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Posted Image

HELMUT laws suck!!!!

#6 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

poast favorite Stig moments, go

http://youtu.be/U82c5hHmP_s?t=57s

http://youtu.be/9S2GwLUN-8Q?t=1m8s

Full videos below cuz stupid forum embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U82c5hHmP_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S2GwLUN-8Q

The Michael Schumacher stig was a joke for that one episode. The stig at that time was Ben Collins.

Schumacher is still probably one of the best F1 drivers in history. Here's to hoping he recovers.

Posted Image

#7 Daniel Wittaker

Daniel Wittaker

PR

• Guest.Veteran
  • 674 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Oh really? Thought he was Stig all the time.

Still, F1 is pretty fucking badass. I'm subjecting Kate to a screening of Rush if my stupid fucking library ever bothers to pre-order it from Amazon, those old cunts.

EDIT: Son of a bitch, I literally just checked it, and they did. It was not up this morning. Schumi is looking out for me.

#8 Daniel Wittaker

Daniel Wittaker

PR

• Guest.Veteran
  • 674 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

I mean, yeah, shitty for his family etc. but in the end he is just one bloke... Why all that literally world wide media interest? Nothing else going on at the moment? I mean I could understand ongoing German interest in that as he is one of our big ones, but hearing that the BBC has a reporter camping out in front of the hospital in Grenoble (nice city btw)... really?

In Austria alone 60 THOUSAND people have a ski related accident, each year, out of 8 million ski visitors each year. Round about 15 die each year. The risk of head injury is 1 in 1000 skiers (that is of all skiers, not only accidents), although nearly 100% of all children nowadays wear helmets but only about 25% of adults. Schumi luckily for him did wear one. But then again what did he do off piste...

But Yäk, we don't know who any of those people are. That totally changes the equation of how many fucks I give.

#9 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

Oh really? Thought he was Stig all the time.

Still, F1 is pretty fucking badass. I'm subjecting Kate to a screening of Rush if my stupid fucking library ever bothers to pre-order it from Amazon, those old cunts.

EDIT: Son of a bitch, I literally just checked it, and they did. It was not up this morning. Schumi is looking out for me.

The current Stig is too short to be Schumacher (though it wouldn't surprise me if the current stig happens to be Allan McNish, who is the right height and drove for Audi who is a major sponsor of Top Gear).

So on the subject of F1, what is your opinion of the new rules for 2014?

Posted Image

#10 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Fuck F1, Rally is where it's at. Far less rule shit (although canceling Group B was perhaps the saddest moment in racing history ever) and much more interesting characters as well as better drivers and navigators.

CzWTkU4.png

#11 Daniel Wittaker

Daniel Wittaker

PR

• Guest.Veteran
  • 674 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

Group B...weren't those the ones that killed everybody? I used to really like rally cars, but lately...I dunno, I can't muster any enthusiasm for WRC.

How about DTM and JGTC GT300/500?

#12 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Group B...weren't those the ones that killed everybody? I used to really like rally cars, but lately...I dunno, I can't muster any enthusiasm for WRC.

How about DTM and JGTC GT300/500?

Yep, Group B was what gave us the Gods that are the Audi quattros, the Lancia Delta S4, the Renault 5 Turbo, the Ford RS2000 and many, many more as well as aces like Walter Röhrl, a fellow Franconian. That group was also what I think as the utter limit of what man and machine could achieve together without an intervening layer of computers. Nothing since has been so gripping and exhilarating to watch. Oh, sure, modern tech in F1 cars is absolutely bonkers and amazing, but it is just that, so much technical...

http://youtu.be/hrlhepfy9-I

DTM and the GT series are okish, better than F1 certainly, but still there is something inherently boring about tarmac round tracks. At least in my eyes. Although it is kinda fun when the DTM is in Nuremberg and you can hear their engines wailing right across the city. Also never not have the racetrack through Nazi era monuments. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

But agreed on WRC, it has gotten a bit more boring lately. But I include smaller rallies too, as well as things as Paris-Dakar (which has nothing to do with either any more, but still) ;)

Oh, and things like this:

http://youtu.be/EWBOKD6fGu0

CzWTkU4.png

#13 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yäkümö, do you also like Nazi Party rallies?

EDIT: I want umlauts on every letter of Yäkümö's name.
The opinions reflected in the above poast do not matter. The poaster in question is, in fact, a pubbie sperglord dirty wanker who is currently using his time away from EVE to vigorously pump at the shaft of his *squee* until *squee* comes shooting out all over ______________'s face.

#14 Daniel Wittaker

Daniel Wittaker

PR

• Guest.Veteran
  • 674 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Here's my problem with WRC: One, I don't care about any of the cars. Mitsubishi v Subaru was interesting. Now, every time I see a WRC event on TV, it's a bunch of Poojohs and (worse) Soozookee. Giv. Yes, they're all purpose-built cars, with lots of fun technology like turbo anti-lag, but still, don't care about them.

Two: if you try and spectate WRC from anything but a special stage, you get to see each car once, for maybe a couple seconds. A great couple seconds, but meh. And since the starts are staggered, there are no great battles. Kinda like F1 these days, tbh.

#15 Dave Orilian

Dave Orilian

HR Manager

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

what could go wrong......

Posted Image

#16 Kordran Ke'Azir

Kordran Ke'Azir

PWWNy

• Staff
  • 540 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'd just like to point out from my fuck-you-ferrari standpoint that nothing of worth has been lost.
Posted Image

#17 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

I've always been more partial to Sports Car racing myself. Either LMS or ALMS. Though its been a bit boring the last few years since Peugeot pulled out. Toyota has not been competitive against Audi. Should get more interesting now that Porsche is getting back into prototype racing. Not to mention Audi's #2 driver retired this year leaving Kristensen without his preferred teammate.

WRC has been boring as shit since Mitsibishi and Subaru pulled out and Loeb has been winning basically everything.

Posted Image

#18 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

Hehe, I can see his wife's horse farm from my aunt's house.
The opinions reflected in the above poast do not matter. The poaster in question is, in fact, a pubbie sperglord dirty wanker who is currently using his time away from EVE to vigorously pump at the shaft of his *squee* until *squee* comes shooting out all over ______________'s face.

#19 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

what could go wrong......

Posted Image

The mexicans have you beat for stupid spectators haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Werld! Wut u doin werld! Werld, staph!!! Pls staph!!!!

Posted Image

I would be in a coma too if somebody constructed a "likeliness" like that of me...

CzWTkU4.png

Reply to this topic