Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Oh boy, here we go again...

Steam Holiday Sale, the full thing again, 24 hour daily deals, 8 hour flash sales, vote choices.

Runs 19th December to 3rd January.

Which will most likely make me destitute...

Post your buys in here so we can all drool over your big balls/cash spending. ;)

First ones today have nothing VERY interesting in them, except perhaps MetalGear Rising. Anyone knows something about that one?

CzWTkU4.png

#2 Joha M'raadu

Joha M'raadu

NOT JOHN

• Staff
  • 215 posts
  • LocationCorner of No and Where

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

Y U DO DIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I NEED TO BUY THINGS!!! THIS MUST BE ONE OF YOUR SUPERIOR GERMAN CONSPIRACIES TO RULE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!

But one a more serious note... what are you buying? :D

Posted Image

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter!

#3 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

Ok, so here we are back again... :P

Seeing as the rest was on the temp forums, let's post this again. Seems like a couple of us got Endless Space. It is quite a nice game, can be played quickly in between things but definitely has the "1 more turn" bug. :)

Rest on Steam so far was more or less uninteresting, although Rome II was 50% off or something today.

CzWTkU4.png

#4 Studentay

Studentay

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Bought myself Swapper which looks like an interesting lil game. Will instal later to see if it's any good...
MILF muzak :somuchpony:
Hexfalion: stupid boattruck
ELA Riald: What the fuck is a boattruck?
Yornic: It's a banana that's shaped like a cheesepuff that tastes like motor oil

#5 Cadune Amilion

Cadune Amilion

Ex-CEO

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

4x for me, so far I've got;
Endless space
Anno 2070
Sins of a solar empire
Mass effect 1 & 2

#6 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Mass effect 1 & 2

:D :D :D :D

The Mass Effect series is in my top 5 best games ever list, others up there are Dragon Age Origins, Neverwinter's Night 2 and Baldur's Gate 2. Wait, all Bioware... spot the trend. :P

If you haven't played them yet Tugger, ME has a ridiculous high replay value (Paragon/Renegade, Male, Female, romance one of the companions, romance another...). ME1 is the trailblazer, great story but compared to 2 and 3 it nowadays feels a tiny bit dusty, especially the Mako planet drop missions (tip, if you do not want to slash your wrists, only go after the main goal on those maps and ignore the random other things out there, driving the Mako is a really bad experience, at least they got rid of it later). ME2 is in my eyes perhaps the best of the MEs, if you can reduce them to a simple listing, which you can't really. (pro tip: leave the "Aquire Reaper IFF" mission until you did ALL the side-stories, it sets you on a time critical path. Also fully upgrade the Normandy, except the Med Bay upgrade which is stupid). ME2 had perhaps the highest replay rate of all 3. ME3 (which you definitely should get, too. It's only on Origin though, no Steam version, but cheap currently over there too) has the greatest story telling in my eyes, although people will argue long and hard about the ending, I actually kinda liked it. Also I very much like the dark and desperate tone of the story, which really gets it across that you are fighting an absolutely superior foe who is out to crush you. As a matter of fact, I am currently in another playthrough of the series, currently in the middle of ME3 with a paragon male Shepard. ME3 also has a fun fast paced Multiplayer shooter part which actually helps you in your single player campaign.

CzWTkU4.png

#7 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

I still haven't played everything I bought in the summer sale.

Posted Image

#8 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

And as something from the last grab box right at the exit of the store: Farcry 3

CzWTkU4.png

#9 Obe-Wan Kenobi

Obe-Wan Kenobi

HR Director

• Director
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

I wasn't impressed with Far Cry 3. It was awesome for the first few hours, but then got tedious and repetitive, and the end of the story was just weird.

On a better note, I finally picked up Skyrim with all the DLC's for $20.50!
Posted Image

#10 Alex Quintane

Alex Quintane

Logistics

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

I would argue that Farcry 3 has the best storyline and stongest character set of any game I've ever played. That alone makes it amazing. But each to their own. However if you draw the same conclusion with Skyrim, im just going to presume youre trolling and/or you are an idiot so your viewpoint will be nullifed in future.

#11 Dave Orilian

Dave Orilian

HR Manager

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Skyrim = best game ever

No contest

#12 Sabrina Blaque

Sabrina Blaque

Diplomat

• Staff
  • 267 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

I almost made it the entire sale without buying anything for myself... then I came across this beauty and I couldn't say no.
Posted Image MUFFINS! Posted Image

#13 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

I almost made it the entire sale without buying anything for myself... then I came across this beauty and I couldn't say no.

Hah, that looks like a great party!

CzWTkU4.png

Reply to this topic