#41 Qynn Qyksilver

Qynn Qyksilver

Resident Spy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA, USA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

Rolling Rock was a decent inexpensive local beer lovingly brewed with pride by a brewery in Latrobe, western PA. It was actually quite nice, for a lighter drink. And the The Anyhouser-Busch assholes bought it, and the bean counters took over and turned it into horrid pissy slime. FFS beer is not made from rice! Iron City and Keystone are abominations. No argument there.

YUENGLING is passable when you're looking for something that's not a heavy, dark beer--a summer beer, but don't want to go all limp wristed and Corona. The kind of beer for a group of guys to drink while putting up a roof in July. That's what Rolling Rock used to be, but I think Yuengling too is starting to dip in tastiness as accountants decrease the quality in an effort to maximize profits. These days, I tend toward falling back on Dos Equiis as my summer beer. I can't abide fruity Belgian beers, sorry. They taste like someone farted bananas into them.

I miss Tuborg. But that was many a year back. And Boodles gin. And a good Travis McGee Novel by John D. MacDonald.

Fuck me I feel old now. Thanks, Yäkümo. :P

#42 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Posted Image

To be honest, everywhere in the Western world, every suburb that is close to a highway/autobahn ramp looks exactly like that. Welcome to the boring part of Globalization...

So you cannot even take credit for this any more America, HAHA YOU FUCKED!

CzWTkU4.png

#43 Qynn Qyksilver

Qynn Qyksilver

Resident Spy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Looks very much like the I-70/I-76 interchange at Breezewood. Almost positive it is.

#44 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Looks very much like the I-70/I-76 interchange at Breezewood. Almost positive it is.

Wherever it is, it has to be somewhere back east. Sunoco stations dont exist out here.

Posted Image

#45 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

https://maps.google....2,82.61,,0,8.58

confirmed.

turn around and head up the street a bit and you'll find Perkins

a little bit further up the hill is the wal*mart truck

#46 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

To be honest, everywhere in the Western world, every suburb that is close to a highway/autobahn ramp looks exactly like that. Welcome to the boring part of Globalization...

So you cannot even take credit for this any more America, HAHA YOU FUCKED!

ah yes but note the outrageously expensive price of petrol... $3.65/ gallon

#47 Kordran Ke'Azir

Kordran Ke'Azir

PWWNy

• Staff
  • 540 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

God damn, I wish petrol was that cheap here! Local price: 131.9p/Litre. That's 4.54L/Gall = £5.99/Gall.

£5.99 = $9.06 LOL

Edit: Fuck me, I just noticed that's for super. Which is 1.39/L here ($9.60/Gall)
Posted Image

#48 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

God damn, I wish petrol was that cheap here! Local price: 131.9p/Litre. That's 4.54L/Gall = £5.99/Gall.

£5.99 = $9.06 LOL

Edit: Fuck me, I just noticed that's for super. Which is 1.39/L here ($9.60/Gall)

How does anybody afford to drive in the UK? At least you have good public transportation, the only city in the US that you can get away not having a car in is New York.

Posted Image

#49 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

And DC. Not that I would give up my car, but I know lots of people who don't have one in the city.

Posted Image

#50 Indy Indy

Indy Indy

Holy Postmaster

• PWWNy
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

"it's a wonder Minnesota hasn't seceded to form its own naked blond utopia. Grain Belt Premium is America's finest cheap beer" -- true story -- even the beer part.

#51 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

How does anybody afford to drive in the UK? At least you have good public transportation, the only city in the US that you can get away not having a car in is New York.

The answer is cars that do not need 50litres per 100km /manage more than 10 miles per gallon. Fuck your gas-guzzling V8s, no wonder you need to invade countries like Iraq to keep the spice oil flowing! :D

CzWTkU4.png

#52 Qynn Qyksilver

Qynn Qyksilver

Resident Spy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

As someone living in Western PA, I've stopped many times at Breezewood in my travels either for work (I used to be a hired gun security consultant spending a LOT of time on the road--those days are OVER) or on my way to my parents' place in Virginia. It may look ugly as sin to anyone else, but after 7 hours of grueling I-95 & Washington Beltway traffic from Virginia, I swear it's a fucking Oasis of Paradise. There's now a Sheetz there, so it's even better.

And Yäkümo, I don't drive much these days, but I do have this Pony in my driveway:

Posted Image
:P

#53 Qynn Qyksilver

Qynn Qyksilver

Resident Spy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.businessi...mericans-2013-7

Viva la revolucion, mothafuckas!!

Arriba, arriba!

#54 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Posted Image

#55 Alicia Fermi

Alicia Fermi

I could set my own title :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ish

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

The answer is cars that do not need 50litres per 100km /manage more than 10 miles per gallon. Fuck your gas-guzzling V8s, no wonder you need to invade countries like Iraq to keep the spice oil flowing! :D

No joke. Just came back from Texas (again). So many cars (actually just four-door trucks) that will drink gas through sheer mass alone.

#56 Dave Orilian

Dave Orilian

HR Manager

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

#57 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

No joke. Just came back from Texas (again). So many cars (actually just four-door trucks) that will drink gas through sheer mass alone.

Our trucks aren't that bad anymore, provided you stick with a half-ton or small truck, pretty much all of the half-ton pickups/SUVs on the market now can crack 20mpg on the highway and pull 15-17mpg in stop and go driving (thank you direct injection and 6 speed automatics). The bad ones are the giant SUVs from about 5-10 years ago (most of which are no longer on the market or have shrunk in size) and gas powered 3/4 and 1 ton pickups (which are rare, most of the heavy duty pickups are diesel powered).

Posted Image

#58 Arliss Loveless

Arliss Loveless

CEO

• Administrator
  • 705 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Murican motorsports because we can
Posted Image

And this little gem

#59 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Murican motorsports because we can
Posted Image

And this little gem

http://youtu.be/VhQK-6iI7cI

Such a waste of an old charger.

Honestly I've heard worse on AGT. IIRC just 2 weeks ago some dude actually forgot the words to his absolutely horrible song.

Posted Image

#60 Alicia Fermi

Alicia Fermi

I could set my own title :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ish

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

The little girl was great, thankyouverymuch.

Reply to this topic