4 replies to this topic

#1 Arliss Loveless

Arliss Loveless

CEO

• Administrator
  • 705 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Online Mech Lab Tools

These online Mech Lab tools will let you build any load outs without having to purchase the 'Mech or spend C-Bills first.

#2 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Tips and Tricks? Perfect, I can use some tricks and tips...
  • Lights, are they completely OP? I mean, I've seen a pack of two rape 3 undamaged Heavies in a row without being hit much themselves... I've even seen them take down Assaults on their own. I know that Mediums are supposed to counter them (or other Lights) but seems like most people playing those are too stupid to realize that. Also WTF how can a single Light win a Conquest game by running around capping flags when his whole team has been wiped out but only slow Heavies and Assaults remain of the stronger team, too cumbersome to catch him or recapture enough flags in time.
  • ISK grind. That thing is baaaaaaaaaaaad... Ok, I squandered my beginners ISK bonus on a Mech I then sold and am now looking to buy again (Centurion) but seriously, with an average of 100-110k isk a game grinding a new stock Mech (Medium or Heavy) takes around 50+ games, which, with an average of, say, 7 minutes per match is close to 6 hours of pure gaming time. Not very casual...

CzWTkU4.png

#3 Kordran Ke'Azir

Kordran Ke'Azir

PWWNy

• Staff
  • 540 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Lights: If they're trained up so the pilot has expert skills then they're awful to take down in anything bigger than a medium. They'll out turn you and literally run rings around you, grinding you down. Their biggest weakness is lack of armor. If you can see them coming, you should (in anything other than a LRM boat) be able to nuke them down or at least scare them off. Be careful thuogh - some of them pack a MAJOR punch (ER PPC anyone????)

Isk grind: If you know what you want to run around in, it's actually not so bad. Yes, it takes a lot of fights to buy the next mech, but when you know which variant you're gonna keep once you've trained them all to (at least) expert level then it works out quite nicely - by the time you've xp'd up to be able to auto-buy most of the expert level stuff, you've earned enough for your next mech. That means on the last mech of the 3, you only need to train to complete basic level if you don't intend to go to master level.

My big tip:
Use the trial mechs to see what you like. They change regularly (about once a month I believe) so you'll get the chance to try out all the mechs eventually. Try different styles, from sniper to brawler to LRMboat to spotter. After that, you get a far better feel for the game and what you'll enjoy playing most. DON'T discount light mechs. My Jenner is great fun and it's a pretty nasty beast too.
Posted Image

#4 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lights are too twitchy for me to fully enjoy, I am becoming too old for xX360Jumppackingaround|O|rapefacingPPCowningXx... :P

So basically most mechs own once at expert level and to get there you need to buy and grind 3 versions of a mech hull? So use 3 versions stock and then keep the one you liked best and upgrade that one makes sense? Although with 4 slots in the garage you can only realistically grind a single mech hull to expert that way.

CzWTkU4.png

#5 Kordran Ke'Azir

Kordran Ke'Azir

PWWNy

• Staff
  • 540 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Although with 4 slots in the garage you can only realistically grind a single mech hull to expert that way.

Or you can spend a minimal amount of RL cash ($10 I think) and get 3000MC so you can add slots. DO NOT use the MC for buying mechs unless they're Champions
Posted Image

Reply to this topic