Manager of Elite Spaceship Operations in the Northern Regions

#43 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

I hope there is a massive spike upwards in 2009, caused by the formation of Rebel Alliance.
The opinions reflected in the above poast do not matter. The poaster in question is, in fact, a pubbie sperglord dirty wanker who is currently using his time away from EVE to vigorously pump at the shaft of his *squee* until *squee* comes shooting out all over ______________'s face.

#44 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Posted Image

#45 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Posted Image

#46 Cedric deBouilard

Cedric deBouilard

Kim Jong Il of PWWN EU TZ

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationTurkey / Istanbul

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

wow. bottom three countries.

no surprises there.

Posted Image

#47 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Frankly I do not believe that chart (without mention of sources). No way do 30% of Germans not believe in evolution.

CzWTkU4.png

#48 Nyctef

Nyctef

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Locationafk

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

This appears to be the original article

#49 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

In this model, 10
independent variables—age, gender, educa-tion, genetic literacy, religious belief, attitude
toward life, attitude toward science and tech-
nology (S&T), belief in S&T, reservations
about S&T, and political ideology—were
used to predict attitude toward evolution.

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight lol. Pure conjecture and random assumption of correlation where no correlation may exist. Great scientific paper, that. :P

CzWTkU4.png

#50 Nyctef

Nyctef

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Locationafk

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

You know, it helps if you don't cherrypick quotes

To test this hypothesis empirically, a two-group structural equation model (SEM) (12,13) was constructed using data from the United States and nine European countries (see statistical analyses in SOM). The SEM allows an examination of the relation between several variables simultaneously on one or more outcome variables. In this model, 10 independent variables—age, gender, educa-tion, genetic literacy, religious belief, attitude toward life, attitude toward science and tech-nology (S&T), belief in S&T, reservations about S&T, and political ideology were used to predict attitude toward evolution. The total effect of fundamentalist religious beliefs on attitude toward evolution (using a standardized metric) was nearly twice as much in the United States as in the nine European countries (path coefficients of –0.42 and –0.24, respectively), which indicates that individuals who hold a strong belief in a personal God and who pray frequently were significantly less likely to view evolution as probably or definitely true than adults with less conservative religious views

Pure conjecture and random assumption of correlation where no correlation may exist.

This is completely false. If you want to see more about their methods you can have a look at the supporting online material referenced here. Finding correlations is exactly what these sorts of mathematical analyses allows you to do.

Even if you don't believe in the analysis, that doesn't change the survey results that you were questioning in the first place.

#51 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

I refuse to believe that 30% of any educated westernized country (excluding the US, which is just mad), believes in God-driven design over scientifically proven evolution.

If the method is not wrong, then the analysis of the data must be slewed too much. Otherwise I would have to tap every third or fourth person on the shoulder and say "You are a religious nutcase", and as funny as that would be, it would just not be true to the actual fact. The point that gets me most is the "False" assumption on evolutionary acceptance. I call complete bullshit that 1/4 of the population in The Fatherland states that all evolution is a fabrication and a lie against God and shit like this. The survey clearly does not differentiate gray areas (lol at the "do not know percentage") but rather and most likely clumps together those who voted "strong believe in Christianity" with the statement "do not believe in evolution" or something like this.

Posted Image

Just remember, go through your office today and touch every 4th person on the shoulder and tell him that the Dinosaur bones are lying, that man is not related to apes but rather a gloriously designed object of godly love created in a mere 7 days. Tell me about the reactions please.

CzWTkU4.png

#52 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I figured the picture above was a representation of how well different parts of Germany drew the Czech flag

#53 Bowervvick

Bowervvick

Mr. Gif

• Director
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just remember, go through your office today and touch every 4th person on the shoulder and tell him that the Dinosaur bones are lying, that man is not related to apes but rather a gloriously designed object of godly love created in a mere 7 days. Tell me about the reactions please.

Remember though, your office is not a representative sample of the German population.

#54 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Remember though, your office is not a representative sample of the German population.

It is, at least of the mid-income (no need to add white) population. The low-income population does not have the mental capacity to handle a question of that magnitude.

Well then, go into the closest town and ask the same question. The answer will still be the same.

Politically incorrect since 1980.

CzWTkU4.png

#55 Nyctef

Nyctef

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Locationafk

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Well then, go into the closest town and ask the same question. The answer will still be the same.

I'd just like to point out that you're disagreeing with people who have actually done this

Interesting fact: one in three people in this conversation "refuse to believe" in scientific evidence presented to them Posted Image

#56 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I refuse to believe that 30% of any educated westernized country (excluding the US, which is just mad), believes in God-driven design over scientifically proven evolution.

If the method is not wrong, then the analysis of the data must be slewed too much. Otherwise I would have to tap every third or fourth person on the shoulder and say "You are a religious nutcase", and as funny as that would be, it would just not be true to the actual fact. The point that gets me most is the "False" assumption on evolutionary acceptance. I call complete bullshit that 1/4 of the population in The Fatherland states that all evolution is a fabrication and a lie against God and shit like this. The survey clearly does not differentiate gray areas (lol at the "do not know percentage") but rather and most likely clumps together those who voted "strong believe in Christianity" with the statement "do not believe in evolution" or something like this.

Posted Image

In 'murica. It depends on what part of the country. In the northeast or west coast most are likely to facepalm and dismiss you as another religious nutjob. In the deep south they are likely to agree with you.

Posted Image

#57 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Quite. Plenty of religious nutjobs. I've known quite a few. Ended quite a few friendships over religious nutjobs.

The best was the guy who tried to argue that a Christian god existed because, in order to have a Christian god, it was necessary to have a Christian god.
The opinions reflected in the above poast do not matter. The poaster in question is, in fact, a pubbie sperglord dirty wanker who is currently using his time away from EVE to vigorously pump at the shaft of his *squee* until *squee* comes shooting out all over ______________'s face.

#58 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

I'd just like to point out that you're disagreeing with people who have actually done this

Interesting fact: one in three people in this conversation "refuse to believe" in scientific evidence presented to them Posted Image

They have not done it right! No way 30% of the population in central and northern Europe (not religious nutcase America and southern Europe) are actually OPPOSED against evolution, not "oh perhaps", "I don't care", "shut the fuck up science nerd!". Actually and fully opposed, as the graph states. If that would be so I would have to jump off the bridge because I would have fucking lost my believe in mankind.

CzWTkU4.png

#59 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

I also will continue to shout you all down until you stop arguing and accept my point of view! As religious nutcases have taught me so shall I now do on the scientific side!

SHUT THE FUCK UP! I AM RIGHT BECAUSE I KNOW I AM RIGHT!

CzWTkU4.png

#60 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I also will continue to shout you all down until you stop arguing and accept my point of view! As religious nutcases have taught me so shall I now do on the scientific side!

SHUT THE FUCK UP! I AM RIGHT BECAUSE I KNOW I AM RIGHT!

I WILL SHOUT DOWN AT YOU FROM THE POSITION THAT I HAVE A PENIS, AND I ALSO HAVE AN E-PENIS THAT NEEDS TO BE GENTLY STROKED UNTIL JIZZ FLIES OUT ALL OVER THE...oh. Crap....well that happened...

Reply to this topic