#21 Lulzes

Lulzes

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Wow, shocked to hear this. I knew he had health problems but never expected that one day we'd hear this news.

Gorl's voice on comms may have been trolling or grumpy or grumbling about something but it was a core part of Ponywaffe life from Day 1 for me. He was a tireless worker for the corp, helping out in the less glamorous, behind-the-scenes jobs. He was outspoken but drama-free, able to hold his own on TEST comms (as his forum signature shows) and in a lot of ways he summed up what Ponywaffe was all about. He will be sorely missed.
--

Nothing is so easy as to deceive oneself; for what we wish, we readily believe. - :flutteryay:

#22 Orzo Torasson

Orzo Torasson

Ex-AU Recruiter

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Now that I can actually wrap my head around this, some words.

I have known Gorl as long as he's been playing EVE- from the day that I walked him (and Hinderance!) together through their first interviews as new E-UNI PO's, until this last weekend.

Even though we'd never met, Gorl was my friend in every sense of the word.

Rest in peace my friend. We'll miss you terribly.

#23 Studentay

Studentay

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Came here expecting some elaborate troll, but am shocked & stunned. Gorl's Banhammer in the E-Uni chat channels back in the day are the stuff of legend as was his dedication to the Pony cause. He'll be greatly missed.. o7
MILF muzak :somuchpony:
Hexfalion: stupid boattruck
ELA Riald: What the fuck is a boattruck?
Yornic: It's a banana that's shaped like a cheesepuff that tastes like motor oil

#24 Ed McKilgrey

Ed McKilgrey

Veteran PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Oh shit :(. I'm shocked.

Gorl was one of the first ponies I talked to and one of those who left a lasting impression me. He was a true PWWNy and PWWN will not be the same without him.

He shall not be forgotten.

Rest in peace friend.
DurrHurrDurr: IT'S COLD BACK HERE TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONING!

Gorl Abris: Why don't you just snuggle up next to your Mom like every other time...

Dysphonia Fera: Would you like some Ice with that Burn?
(via mumble 1/20/2013)

#25 Sahara Sena

Sahara Sena

Chocolate Stout Master

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'm deeply saddened by this news. Gorl was a good friend. I kept in touch with him long after I stopped playing EVE. A consummate troll, he was really a kind and gentle soul once you got to know him. He loved his family, was a great uncle who loved his nieces more than anything in the whole world. A brilliant artist/illustrator of children's books. He loved good food, good football, and loved the distraction of EVE that helped him cope with his declining health and circumstances. Despite his condition, his death comes as a shock. A life cut short. Chris Grassi, you will be missed! Rest in peace my friend!

#26 Thabink

Thabink

PWWNy

• PWWNy
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

RIP.

#27 Cian Korwin

Cian Korwin

PWWNy

• PWWNy
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

I am mobile at the moment with no mumble or jabber. I saw the forum topic and took it as a joke.. kind of wish it was one now.

Gorl was gumpy and pissy at times but he was a decent guy and after hearing him put up with a drunk Misti more than once on comms, he cared about people even if he did not state it.

I did not know he had health issues but will honestly miss having him in mumble and exchanging banter or him bitching about us playing some game other then eve.

#28 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

I've send a PM to Shamfor as I knew she and Gorl were getting along well.

I think her answer is also fitting in here, as a good friend of Gorl and former PWWNy member:

Shamfor

I like everone who knew him am totally speechless.

We had kept in touch after I moved and we often chatted on mumble, Blade had forwarded the sad news to me earlier. They were both good friends also.

Please let me know if you are going to do something like a memorial fleet, as if time permits would love to join.

Many thanks for letting me know, boy does it hurt when one loses a friend :(

Tugger is currently working on something for this weekend, we'll let you know.

CzWTkU4.png

#29 Petal Asanari

Petal Asanari

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Locationsomewhere cold atm

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

This is really sad. Even though I did not get the chance to know him much, I am sure he was an invaluable member of PonyWaffe. My condolences to all his friends and family.

#30 Arliss Loveless

Arliss Loveless

CEO

• Administrator
  • 705 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have tried to -Words- many times now since i found out but nothing has come out.
So all I will say is Gorl goodbye my friend, You will be missed.

Night Ranger- Goodbye

#31 Theal Siverthorn

Theal Siverthorn

Divine Postlord

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm utterly shocked :(

Gorl and I didn't always see eye to eye, but he was a really great guy and one of the most solid members of pwwn we have ever had. He was here from almost the start and did so much work behing the scenes on logi stuff. We wouldn't have our moon goo empire if it wasn't for him and a handful of others.

I'll really miss him telling me that I never log on and being a bit grumpy on comms. It's going to be really strange him not being around... I could always have an intelligent conversation with him on any topic and underneath the grump was an awesome guy with a brilliant sense of humour.

RIP bro :'(
Posted Image

#32 Ahoru Osim

Ahoru Osim

Veteran

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Noticed the ping this morning but still haven't come up with anything to say.

I think I had more mumble conversations with Gorl than with the rest of the corp combined. I'll miss him, badly.

#33 Khandu Eesi

Khandu Eesi

Ancient Mariner

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA MS Gulf Coast

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'll miss you brother....

Fair winds and following seas.

#34 Niki Nakamura

Niki Nakamura

Tanks-Veteran

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Sad times,RIP Chris,you will be missed...

#35 Niki Nakamura

Niki Nakamura

Tanks-Veteran

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I Posted this on his facebook from all of us.I find words difficult at times like these so I put it under his wow healers message (He was a tank apparently moaning for healing,might have guessed!)...

A sad loss,condolences to friends and family.

Chris,you will be missed greatly for your sense of humour,political knowledge and great conversational skills.A great guy gone too soon.Fly safe buddy.

From all your friends around the world who play Eve.

Hope that was ok.

#36 Piroku

Piroku

PWWNy

• PWWNy
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I am very sad to hear of his passing. He will be missed. I have no more words.

#37 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I just heard, and am utterly shocked. Gorl was the first few members that I've known. I'll always regret that I hadn't put more effort to get to know the Chris of him more. He'll be missed, and remembered.

RIP Chris.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS
I REPEAT NOT KOS SO DONT SHOOT HIM
#### SENT BY Wrik Hoover to All online hbc ####

#38 Cadune Amilion

Cadune Amilion

Ex-CEO

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Moved to public so non Pony's can comment.

#39 Kyos Tsubasa

Kyos Tsubasa

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationWhere nothing gets done

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

I was definitely like a few others, thought this was some sort of troll, but just wow. I know that death will come to all of us, but death always seems to strike when least expected.

RIP Gorl.
There is no such thing as coincidence in this world. The only thing is Hitsuzen - Yuuko from xxxHolic

#40 Maleg Yanumano

Maleg Yanumano

All Southerners Sound Alike

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Totally stunned, Only known him for a short while but he was one of the people I enjoyed chatting to the most in PonyWaffe. Will be deeply missed.

RIP Gorl

Posted Image

Reply to this topic