#1 Alicia Fermi

Alicia Fermi

I could set my own title :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ish

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

My friends,

The problem of "feed hate" has come to the attention of the administration team of our wonderful forums. We want the PWWN forums to provide the best user experience for all our members and we believe that providing cutting-edge EVE content via our RSS feed imports is a part of this experience.

Some of you disagree and we are sad that you feel this way. It is disappointing when you log in to the forums, click on View New Content to see if there is any new badposting for you to read and sperg in return, and you are met with this:

Posted Image

I just wanted to see the latest shit rage posting and all I got were these shitty feeds.

Who gives a fuck? Who indeed.

We want to make you happy so there is a (potentially) under-used feature of this page that I hope will allow us to provide RSS feeds for those who want to read them, and to allow those who think they are shit to simply ignore them:

Forum Filtering!

If you check to the left-hand side of the View New Content page you will find an option to allow the View New Content page to select specific forums you wish to be tracked.

Posted Image

Filtering by forum: fun for you and fun for me

Now you can control exactly which forums will be tracked by the page allowing you to select which feeds (or entire subforums) you wish to follow. Or you can hide all of the feeds because you hate people.

Posted Image
In this example, only feeds from The Mittani and CCP will be displayed on the page.

Hopefully this helps fine tune your experience and we can all be friends. :pinkiehappy:

#2 MINTRIDDLER

MINTRIDDLER

Master of Bookmarks

• PWWNy
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

u may have all my upboats
WEEEEEE.... I FLY SPACESHIPS

#3 Leeob Necrobob

Leeob Necrobob

Shadow Logistics Di--OVERVIEW BUG BEST BUG

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

thank the gods Alicia showed me how to turn the feeds off, this has been something I have been pulling my hair about since DT, and just stopped reading the forums to avoid the feeds.

+ ∞ rep, I sir will cup your balls anytime you want, (no homo) you sir have earned it.
DurrHurrDurr: IT'S COLD BACK HERE TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONING!

Gorl Abris: Why don't you just snuggle up next to your Mom like every other time...

Dysphonia Fera: Would you like some Ice with that Burn?
(via mumble 1/20/2013)

Reply to this topic