Elder Scrolls Online

61 replies to this topic

#41 Obe-Wan Kenobi

Obe-Wan Kenobi

HR Director

• Director
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

Alex, I'd love to get your code off you if you still have it...just let me know how much isk you want for it!
Posted Image

#42 Alex Quintane

Alex Quintane

Logistics

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Pm sent, enjoy

#43 Obe-Wan Kenobi

Obe-Wan Kenobi

HR Director

• Director
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks Alex!!!
Posted Image

#44 Dave Orilian

Dave Orilian

HR Manager

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

Let us know how you find the beta m8s

#45 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Let us know how you find the beta m8s

Check your forum PMs pls... :/

CzWTkU4.png

#46 Petal Asanari

Petal Asanari

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Locationsomewhere cold atm

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Based on what I watched and read, combat pretty much sucks and first person mode is fail. I kinda had high hopes for this one but meh

#47 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Only got this today, is that it?

that chinese farmer did a shitty job of disguising their link, if you mouse over it you can see the battlenet.com.cn address hahaha.

Posted Image

#48 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Right, had the chance to test it a bit over the weekend.

Have to say, not really impressed, it leaves me a bit of "meh". Don't get me wrong, it's not outright BAD, it's just... generic.

Obviously some Beta problems like crashes, not loading plot scripts, balancing problems (Sorcerers are way OP), but none of those are really bad and that is what a beta is for after all. As long as they FIX those problems before they go full release.

But there are deeper problems. The worst I felt during my granted limited gametime was the lack of an oldschool minimap (opening up the map with "m" breaks the gameflow too much) and a generally totally non-existent UI except if you go into menus where it looks like 1999. The only kind of indicator you get is the compass bar you know from Skyrim which is woefully inadequate especially if you have multiple quests loaded and the markers overlap. It seems like everything is geared a bit too much on giving loads of screenspace to the environment and your character (1st person view is shit) while lacking sadly in the information department. Great for screenshots, bad for actual daily playing.

Talking about Skyrim and graphics: It definitely is quite a huge step below what Skyrim can dish out in the graphics environment (I know, an MMO can't bring the same as a stand alone, but still). It has some great vistas but those are rather the exception it seems, otherwise it looks like any other Fantasy MMO in the last 5 years. Ever played Age of Conan? Yeah, just like that.

And that "just like any other Fantasy MMO" streaks itself through the game. There is nothing really that says YES! That is NEW! That is why I would dish out 15 bucks or something per month plus most likely 40 to 50 initial investment! Some of the quests I saw were nicely done up but in essence still the same old "go there, collect 10 bushels, kill 5 boars" things, you got the good old roaming low level mobs we saw in every MMO ever, instances etc. Some nice persistence changes when you cleared out a dungeon or something but again nothing outstanding. I also saw no need whatsoever to interact with fellow players but that may just be normal low-level gameplay, others will have to comment on that. Also WTF there are literally thousands of containers in some instances, and most of them filled with the same useless crap you find in Skyrim (the whole crafting system looks like a very cheap knock-off of the Skyrim one to be honest). But on the off-chance that ONE container holds a nice new blade or something rare you look at ALL of them anyway, which takes ages. Dear developers, get rid off those stupid amounts of crates and all that "wheat variety 021" bullshit, make looting not a chore but rather interesting. Also crafting bores me to tears, never got where people see the fun in that.

Ok, don't get me wrong, this game has potential as an ok Fantasy MMO, but as a pay-to-play article or a fresh wind in the MMO industry? No. You played Ago of Conan, Guild Wars 2 (from which they stole heavily too, especially the realm vs. realm thing if I saw that correctly) or any other MMO in that category? Yeah, same thing. I would probably play once the client is free or at best 5 bucks and there is a 30 day free testing offer or something. But something I would sink a monthly subscription into? Just not exceptional enough for that, go play Skyrim and GW 2 instead, best of both worlds.

CzWTkU4.png

#49 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

You know what's a great game that provides way too much information?
The opinions reflected in the above poast do not matter. The poaster in question is, in fact, a pubbie sperglord dirty wanker who is currently using his time away from EVE to vigorously pump at the shaft of his *squee* until *squee* comes shooting out all over ______________'s face.

#50 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

You know what's a great game that provides way too much information?

This? http://www.girlsgoga...dprix_cake.html

CzWTkU4.png

#51 Dave Orilian

Dave Orilian

HR Manager

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

new big trailer, cos who doesn't love a cinematic trailer that looks nothing like the game whatsoever

seems to show their idea for the trademark Elder Scrolls random spawning events a la dragons, Oblivion gates

also elves

#52 Andy Koraka

Andy Koraka

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Yea that trailer looks Badass but my opinion hasn't changed since the first beta. I'll probably buy it 6 months from now on a steam sale, blitz the main questline in the complimentary month and never play it again.

#53 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Great trailer, i want to watch that movie, where can I find it? Oh, a game? Ok... Let's try that then. Wait, why does it feel like 2010? Hey! That game looks nothing like that trailer!!! I want my money back!

CzWTkU4.png

#54 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

If anyone wants a code for this weekend post here, first come first serve. Gonna be too busy in EVE this weekend I wager. (I think I lost EVE, time to rescind my bittervet status?)

CzWTkU4.png

#55 Theodoric Darkwind

Theodoric Darkwind

Xenaria's Worse Half

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I've had a beta invite since november.  At least the patch was small this time, didn't have to redownload the client.

Posted Image

#56 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

I'll take one Yäk.

Posted Image

#57 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'll take one Yäk.

PM on its way.

CzWTkU4.png

#58 Cian Korwin

Cian Korwin

PWWNy

• PWWNy
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

I do not know, I am not playing it this weekend. I tried but to be honest, it looks way too generic. I think they need to stick to single player games. They could release a  game for reach "region" we have not seen and it would make more sense. 

#59 Den Ryer

Den Ryer

Grand Master Post

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Meh, I like it.  I'm sick of the fantasy genre in MMO's but I do like Elder Scrolls, and this feels very Elder Scrolls to me.  I dig it.

Posted Image

#60 Petal Asanari

Petal Asanari

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Locationsomewhere cold atm

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Couldnt be worse I guess

Reply to this topic