Obe-Wan Kenobi

HR Director

• Director
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

500px-goodnewseveryone.jpg

PonyWaffe Directorate Nerfs Entry Requirements

On March 7th, Ponywaffe turned 1,000 days old. That’s enough time to earn level V mastery for any of Eve’s titans, with room to spare... or train an entire race’s sub-cap fleet to V. It’s enough time for several ‘generations’ of players to join corp, have fun, grow up,  move-on, get bitter, and come back (maybe even multiple times).  It’s enough time for a corp to see multiple alliances rise and fall, to move across the entirety of eve and back again (driving more than one logistics director crazy).  Most importantly, it’s enough time for a corp to build up prohibitively high recruiting standards and expectations for new bros.

After the lessons learned from our last venture, PonyWaffe has decided to return to our roots -- to balance our bittervets with sweet noobies.  PonyWaffe directorate is excited to announce a total overhaul to our entry requirements, corporation structure, and eve-offerings. 

x394PaA.gif

The short of it... be a cool dude who can: fit a reasonable tackle frig to grab naughty boys, or be a logi-bro to provide some delicious emissions to save a fleet and you’re welcome aboard.

You’ll gain access to both Lowsec and nulsec PVP opportunities, a bittervet mentor to harass with questions, all the goods and services of the alliance (with added bonus of sweet bee-honey), and time to grow to accept the bitterness deep inside you. As you pick up skills to fly main-line doctrine ships, you and your string of apprentices graduate to "Foal".

With bigger, greener fields to frolic in as a foal, you can explode many a foe (or save your friends, dear logi-bros).  Once you’ve fully developed your bitterness and can fly a main-line ship for each of the alliance’s doctrines, and you’ve passed the gauntlet of the ponycradle, you will be awarded the status of True "PWWNy".

Regardless of where you you see yourself "in eve," you'll be able to find something that suits your needs -- lowsec FW, small gang/mid gang/empire building strat ops at the alliance level, CFC PvP squads, coalition deployments for massive fights. This is not even mentioning: access to the LP faucet that is FW, the best ratting in nulsec, and corp members that like to day trip into wormholes for iskies ('mistakes made' come free!).

If you you've got your core fitting skills taken care of and put some time into developing mastery of a couple of PVP roles you're set to submit an App. If not, the attached skill plan should help you get there*. And as bad as you think you are, nothing is worse than the drone lands. Don’t Panic!  If you have questions, give a shout in our public channel, hop over to our mumble server, or send a mail to any of the recruiters/directors listed in the MOTD of our public channel.

*Note: Skill plan is approximately 65 days from fresh start & no-remap, but does not include racial ships or weapons systems -- those are on you. 

Apprentice Entry Skill Plan 

Attached File  1000 days of PWWN - Apprentice plan.emp   1.36KB   317 downloads

Attached File  1000 days of PWWN - Apprentice plan.xml   15.51KB   217 downloads

Attached File  1000 days of PWWN - Apprentice plan.txt   2.34KB   526 downloads

Below are the old skillplans, included because they still have some interesting skills in them. They are no longer mandatory though:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#2 XanthViper Ambraelle

XanthViper Ambraelle

CCP Manifest

• Administrator
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationVail, AZ

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for gettin' on that. I believe you need an intern to handle these, how did you put it, "mundane tasks"

Posted Image
Chowder 1::2

#3 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

As some people were asking for other formats than EVEmon files (emp) I added txt and xml files.

CzWTkU4.png

#4 Gennosuke Kouga

Gennosuke Kouga

Worse Than Mint At Spelling

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

As some people were asking for other formats than EVEmon files (emp) I added txt and xml files.

So happy :rainbowlaugh:
Posted Image

#5 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Please be aware that our mandatory entry skillplan has been changed. Be sure to follow the new one.

Sorry if that inconveniences anyone, the old plans are still good to have though.

CzWTkU4.png

#6 Pyotr Kamarovi

Pyotr Kamarovi

Bruce loves male chickens hard!

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Please be aware that our mandatory entry skillplan has been changed. Be sure to follow the new one.

Sorry if that inconveniences anyone, the old plans are still good to have though.

The required Amarr ships kind of screwed me over.

#7 XanthViper Ambraelle

XanthViper Ambraelle

CCP Manifest

• Administrator
  • 1,020 posts
  • LocationVail, AZ

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

ooo Nice! By following the updated plan, I'll be complete in about 9 days. Excellent!

Posted Image
Chowder 1::2

#8 WeApologise4TheIncon

WeApologise4TheIncon

Bitter Vet

• Director
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

The required Amarr ships kind of screwed me over.

This is not a directive, because Yakumo is a brilliant saint who's word is law, but required ships are required for a reason so train Amarr you fucking scrub.
"Is-is he a rrreal... is he a... is he a REAL pony?! Or is he a shitlord?!?!" - Drunk MINT

#9 Pyotr Kamarovi

Pyotr Kamarovi

Bruce loves male chickens hard!

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

This is not a directive, because Yäkümo is a brilliant saint who's word is law, but required ships are required for a reason so train Amarr you fucking scrub.

I preferred to train the support ships which were literally days away.

#10 Cadune Amilion

Cadune Amilion

Ex-CEO

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

if you joined under the reign of the old skillplan and you wish to follow that, you are free to do so. all new recruits, i'm afraid its the new one for you.

#11 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

For those of you already in Ponywaffe, please check this post (you can state that you will either go with the old plans or the new ones for your promotions). And yes, we do require our members to follow a certain progression for a couple of months until they get promoted to full PWWNy status.

And to those of you not (yet) with us: Yes, you'll have to follow the new plan and the ship requirements now. Check our main informational post for more info.

The mandatory ships are NOT included in the skillplan, so make sure you add them as needed.

CzWTkU4.png

#12 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

The entry skillplan has been updated with Retribution 1.1, please make sure you download the new Mark II one, the old one is still attached for reference.

Changelog:
  • Warrior II Drones have been removed, not really needed for Coalition fleets
  • Shield Compensation skills have been removed as they are useless now
  • Armor Honeycombing has been added as it's an amazing skill to have for Armor ships

CzWTkU4.png

#13 Qynn Qyksilver

Qynn Qyksilver

Resident Spy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA, USA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar!

#14 Sizwe Mkhize

Sizwe Mkhize

Noob

• Guest.Registered
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCenturion, South Africa

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hey there.

Thank you for the info provided above.

Question: The battlecruiser skill was changed recently I think and was made a racial skill (not my idea :pinkiehappy: ). Therefore as the latest skill plan (Mark II) has the generic skill which is no longer available, what should future Pony pilots like myself train for instead? Thank you.

Greetings from a cold South Africa.

Regards,
Sizwe
"When the enemy is in range, then so are you." - Warrior's axiom

#15 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hey there.

Thank you for the info provided above.

Question: The battlecruiser skill was changed recently I think and was made a racial skill (not my idea :pinkiehappy: ). Therefore as the latest skill plan (Mark II) has the generic skill which is no longer available, what should future Pony pilots like myself train for instead? Thank you.

Greetings from a cold South Africa.

Regards,
Sizwe

Hi Swize!

Just ignore the generic BC skill in the plan.

If you have a look here you'll see that we require you to be able to fly a Cane and an Oracle, which would mean you'd have to train Minmatar and Amarr Battlecruiser to IV or so. :)

CzWTkU4.png

#16 Sizwe Mkhize

Sizwe Mkhize

Noob

• Guest.Registered
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCenturion, South Africa

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi Swize!

Just ignore the generic BC skill in the plan.

If you have a look here you'll see that we require you to be able to fly a Cane and an Orac00l, which would mean you'd have to train Minmatar and Amarr Battlecruiser to IV or so. :)

Thank you. Will also add the stealth bomber as I tend to see a lot of kills by bombers on much larger crafts.

Regards,
Sizwe
"When the enemy is in range, then so are you." - Warrior's axiom

#17 Obe-Wan Kenobi

Obe-Wan Kenobi

HR Director

• Director
  • 720 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

The entry skillplan has been fully updated to reflect all changes made with Odyssey, please make sure you download the new Jedi Version - Mark I one, the old one is still attached for reference.

Please note: Any new apprentices applying to PonyWaffe by July 15 may chose to follow the Ponywaffe Entry Skills Mk II plan if they prefer. They must still have the ability to fly the required ships (T1 Hurricane and T1 Oracle) however.
Posted Image

#18 Yornic

Yornic

Small Penis

• PWWNy
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

So to sum it up: If you can awox a ship, or successfully awox a ship, you're in.

I LIKE MY CHANCES.

The opinions reflected in the above poast do not matter. The poaster in question is, in fact, a pubbie sperglord dirty wanker who is currently using his time away from EVE to vigorously pump at the shaft of his *squee* until *squee* comes shooting out all over ______________'s face.

#19 Cedric deBouilard

Cedric deBouilard

Kim Jong Il of PWWN EU TZ

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationTurkey / Istanbul

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

err.. how 'bout a one year old necro?

Posted Image