Now Recruiting!

Photo

[Jester's Trek] Kill of the Week: High-sec Awox

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

So, I hate to do this, but if I don't pick this one, I'm not doing my job with this feature:
http://eve-kill.net/...kll_id=14210105

A year ago, I told the story about what an awoxer is.  As I said then...
I amused myself by submitting the word "awoxer" to urbandictionary.com and was rather surprised when my definition was accepted and published.  As I posted there, an awoxer is a short-term spy that, once accepted to your corp, goes after your corp's ratters or miners, attempting to sow mistrust. At the time, I neglected to mention the fact that awoxers are just as valid in high-sec corps.  Hell, with the number of expensive missioning and incursion ships in high-sec corps, awoxing makes more sense in high-sec corps.

That's what happened here.  Apparently, this guy's CEO decided to accept a new member into their high-sec corp based on the strength of one short roam into w-space.  Since this potential new corp member didn't immediately gank the guy in w-space, obviously he's trustworthy.

Good corporate security, this is not.  ;-)

Anyway, what happened next is recorded for posterity... literally.  There's a recording of this guy's corp comms in the aftermath of the loss.  Unfortunately, it's the most pathetic display of whining that I've ever heard, and I've heard a lot of it over the years.  This poor guy almost literally emotionally comes apart.  If you are a fan of tears, this is your Mecca.  Again, I hate to highlight it: it's kind of sad.  But this is definitely the kill of the week.

The other truly sad part of this is that the guy apparently decided to leave his corp after the incident.  Who knows if he'll keep playing.  And EVE players being EVE players, he's becoming a figure of fun on a number of levels...

Sorry for your loss, Shade, but awoxing is part of EVE.  For the rest of you, feel free to learn from this example.

http://jestertrek.bl...h-sec-awox.html

Reply to this topic