Now Recruiting!

Photo

[Jester's Trek] Exploration Tengu revisits the KOTW

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

So, back in October, I linked this goofy little Tengu fit that I tagged as being useful for "exploration."  But of course, the 410m3 cargo bay and the various advantages the Strat Cruiser class ship has make it ideal for running gate-camps into ORE space in Outer Ring.  Once there, there are a number of BPOs and skill books that are only seeded in the ORE stations there that you can run back to Empire for a nice profit.

When it was announced there would be two specialty ice-mining rigs as part of today's Inferno 1.2 patch, I speculated to my alliance-mates that the BPOs for these two rigs might only be seeded in Outer Ring.  After all, they were mining-specialized.  Why not make them ORE BPOs?  So a bunch of the EUTZ Rote Kapelle guys decided to camp the Outer Ring entrances this morning.  When I woke up, I was sad to see that the rig BPOs were not ORE exclusives and are seeded across Empire.  No worries, said the EUTZ guys, we're already here and camping anyway.  Rote Kapelle almost never camps gates and I guess they were having fun at the diversion.

"OK," I told them.  "Who knows, maybe someone will try to get in to get a Procurer BPO now that they're actually worthwhile.  Catch a cloaky Tengu for me."

So they did.

And I've got to say that I was sad to see this very low-budget version of my fit.  Shame on you, Harzinn.  ;-)

Teasing aside, this fit leaves out the most important part of the fit: a 100MN Afterburner.  If you're going to try to run gate-camps, it really is essential.  And this kill-mail proves it.  If you come through the gate and find it camped to this extent, don't try to cloak and don't try to slip away.  Just crash back to the gate first on MWD, then on that AB.  That's what it's there for.

http://jestertrek.bl...isits-kotw.html

Reply to this topic