#41 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

On an extended EVE break

• Guest.Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, I thought about it too... In null you want them below blue and below red standings as they could fuck up your overview otherwise or unnecessarily clutter it, but in high you would have to move them above red standings so you can shoot at those flags but leave them below blue standings so you don' accidentally blues who managed to pick up a flag... It's cumbersome but I don'T think the pack itself can help here as those standings still have to be set manually anyway.

CzWTkU4.png

#42 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Probably gonna post something on the OP once I get around with the new states; for now since it doesn't really affect much else (filtering etc.) I'm not changing anything yet.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS
I REPEAT NOT KOS SO DONT SHOOT HIM
#### SENT BY Wrik Hoover to All online hbc ####

#43 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

In response to the recent Retribution, a few things were changed on the installation procedure for the overview pack, also, even if you have them installed already, you would still need to do this one more time!
  • IMPORTANT STEP! If you are a member of CFC or HBC and have access to Rebel Alliance wiki (most members of the HBC/CFC does), please follow the Step-2 of the tutorial/procedure listed here.
  • IMPORTANT STEP! If you don't, please follow the Setting up your Colortags and Setting up your Backgrounds as listed on the Eve University's wiki article here instead, you only need to reconfigure the colortags and backgrounds, nothing else!

Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#44 Lennox Sinclair

Lennox Sinclair

Indy's Estranged Son

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Apparently you have to log in to do this.

Posted Image

#45 Nyctef

Nyctef

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Locationafk

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Came across something that will need fixing soon:

https://forums.eveon...573#post2495573

As a more neutral side effect that is still worth noting: the Combat and Attack Battlecruisers, as well as the Blockade Runners and Deep Space Transports, will now be in separate groups. This means anyone with custom overviews will need to add the new Attack Battlecruiser group and the new Blockade Runner group to their list of groups that show up on the overview. The default overviews will be adjusted automatically.

#46 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Sweet, thanks for this.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#47 Lennox Sinclair

Lennox Sinclair

Indy's Estranged Son

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Son of a bitch, I'm gonna have to fuck with my overview settings again.

Posted Image

#48 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Son of a bitch, I'm gonna have to fuck with my overview settings again.

Blame Fozzie.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#49 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Overview Pack Updated (0.2.4) with the following changes :
  • Added "Attack Battlecruisers" & "Blockade Runner" to the appropriate PVP & PVE profiles
  • Added "Attack Battlecruisers" & "Blockade Runner" to Combat Bracket profiles
  • Removed profiles : Extra - Everything and Loots (both already exists on the default profile and it was a waste of space)
  • Brought back shipnames to bracket label in space and changed the display order
If you're using my pack, you'll have to either
  • Download the new version as provided by the download link on the first post (or if you're cba to browse to the first post, just click thisto download the latest pack) OR
  • Add Attack Battlecruiser & Blockade Runner typefilters on each combat profiles. You can do this by accessing the overview options - filter - types - ships - enable both Attack Battlecruiser & Blockade Runner checbaux

Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#50 Lulzes

Lulzes

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Nice one Sarah. Just a tip for all you tankers, you can bind a shortcut to "Open Overview Settings" and do this while docked!
--

Nothing is so easy as to deceive oneself; for what we wish, we readily believe. - :flutteryay:

#51 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Updated setup tutorial with the following image to replace the old TL;DR (hey, pics!)
Posted Image
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#52 Studentay

Studentay

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Updated setup tutorial with the following image to replace the old TL;DR (hey, pics!)
Posted Image

Thank fuck for that. That wiki page is pretty much impossible to read as they've got the background set to black. I know it's gotta be black so you can see the white boxes & colours but it's still :hard:

Thanx for producing it Sarah.
MILF muzak :somuchpony:
Hexfalion: stupid boattruck
ELA Riald: What the fuck is a boattruck?
Yornic: It's a banana that's shaped like a cheesepuff that tastes like motor oil

#53 Sizwe Mkhize

Sizwe Mkhize

Noob

• Guest.Registered
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCenturion, South Africa

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

The pack is a great help. Thank you.
"When the enemy is in range, then so are you." - Warrior's axiom

#54 ACiDxCHRiST

ACiDxCHRiST

Noob

• Guest.Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Sarah, thank you for creating and maintaining this pack. I have a question about the blue presets. When I use them, it shows neutrals and various others as well as blues but I thought that the only thing that should appear on that preset was blues. Here is a picture of what the Overview Settings > Filters > States tab looks like after a fresh install of your overview pack.

Posted Image

Here is a picture of how I have modified the blues : all preset.

Posted Image

Shouldn't all of the blues presets look like this by default? Or is there a reason that I don't understand, that caused you to set it up the way you have?

#55 Andy Koraka

Andy Koraka

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Sarah, thank you for creating and maintaining this pack. I have a question about the blue presets. When I use them, it shows neutrals and various others as well as blues but I thought that the only thing that should appear on that preset was blues. Here is a picture of what the Overview Settings > Filters > States tab looks like after a fresh install of your overview pack.

Posted Image

Here is a picture of how I have modified the blues : all preset.

Posted Image

Shouldn't all of the blues presets look like this by default? Or is there a reason that I don't understand, that caused you to set it up the way you have?

Sarah's pack only clicks the tickers on and off for various profiles.

What you need to do is the state priorities up and down. you only see the most important quality about a target on your overview. As you have it right now the game will show you on the overview that a pilot has a sec status below 0 (90% of the people that live in null) preferentially to other states like being a wartarget who can shoot you anywhere. For example your combat overview I would show up with the icon of low sec status instead of in your fleet. (or as a wartarget able to shoot you in highsec).

CCP's default state priorities are utter shit and don't make any logical sense so just follow this guide here: http://i.imgur.com/lS379.jpg

Fixing that will probably fix your issues.

#56 ACiDxCHRiST

ACiDxCHRiST

Noob

• Guest.Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

I think you are confusing the Appearance and Filters tabs. What I posted was the Filters tab; what you posted was the Appearance tab. As far as I know, the options cannot be re-arranged on the Filters tab. The only thing you can do on the Filters > States tab is check or uncheck options.

Just to be clear, I have followed all installation instructions including re-arranging the items on the Appearance tab. My problem is not that blues are showing up as something else but rather things other than blues are showing up on my blues tab.

#57 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

The problem is that CCP, as Chauncey said, fucked up the states filtering, and no, it has nothing to do with appearance and background orders. This was an old issue, and has been there for a long time, I haven't got the time to check whether they've fixed this or not, but before, pure blue (only blue are ticked on states), fleet only (only fleet is ticked), wartargets (only wartarget is ticked) only overview is technically impossible, because the overview puts a higher priority for a "NO" over a "YES, SHOW THIS TO ME", so for instance, if we disable the -5 from showing up in 'states', but enable wartargets, if we happen to see a wartarget that's -5, it won't be shown, because the overview think that we don't want -5 to be shown and ignores the wartarget preference.

I'll do a retest if they've changed this or not, and if they do, I'll include them on the new release.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#58 ACiDxCHRiST

ACiDxCHRiST

Noob

• Guest.Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

No need to test it; I just did. It is still fucked. Now I understand why you set it up the way you did. Well, here is hoping that CCP will fix it one day so that we can have proper blues only presets (among others).

#59 Guest_Samson_*

Guest_Samson_*
  • Guest.Unregistered

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

CHANGE LOGS (0.2.4)

• Removed profiles : Extra - Everything and Loots (both already exists on the default profile and it was a waste of space)
[/spoiler]

Okay, but now, if I want to see wrecks, I have to open the settings and select that option... So it's not activated by "default".

So, for everyone who wants to see wrecks you have to do that first!

#60 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Okay, but now, if I want to see wrecks, I have to open the settings and select that option... So it's not activated by "default".

So, for everyone who wants to see wrecks you have to do that first!

Alt+Z for brackets, load default : everything for overview.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: overview