Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

━━━━━━━ version 0.3.0 ━━━━━━━

"Over 10,000 total downloads since release!"

While this overview pack were originally designed more heavily towards pvp purposes, especially for those who live in lowsec or nullsec regions and do frequent small gang or larger fleet combat, please bear in mind that this doesn't mean that the overview pack itself does not accommodate generic pve or pvp use. Friendly note, please read the installation guide and how to "unfuck" your overview below. You may also want to know what and how-to use and make use of this overview pack to it's maximum potential. Switching premade overview profiles is a feature provided to us by CCP, some of you may already gotten used to this type of activity, some of you may not. It is encouraged that you do, because it will make things a lot easier in the long run and will help a lot during certain circumstances.

FEATURES
  • Five preloaded overview tabs designed for easy access. Comes with easy to read/use default profiles and brackets.
  • Carefully designed, field tested, and widely approved overview profiles to be assigned to each overview tabs to your liking.
  • Standardized overview states and filters design, to ensure no information losses during combat and/or non-combat activities.
  • Overview profile list ordering and grouping designed for quick switches between profiles and symbol presentation for more efficient and organized look.
  • Custom designed and multi-colored brackets-in-space labeling, for better tactical awareness and space object identification.
  • Complete list of PVP overview profiles, including anti-bomber profile, bombing run profile, hostile and friendly ship specific profiles, and dscan profiles.
  • Preloaded warpout/podsaver tab + profile with more prominent tab display for easier access.
  • Multiple custom designed and tested bracket profiles.
INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW PROFILE LISTOverview is your most important UI element/window displayed on your screen whenever you undock. CCP have provided means for players to modify or reconfigure how entities are displayed on that window and gave us the ability to save and load what's called 'overview profiles' Overview profile is basically a set of predefined rules on what type of objects to be displayed, how they are displayed and how they look on your overview window, including how they should be displayed in space (bracket information/labels).So what is an overview pack? it is a carefully designed collection of frequently used overview profiles, built and used for the purpose of making life easier for you. This overview pack takes this a bit further by also providing means to switch between needed profiles depending on different situations you encounter during gameplay, a more organized profiles and a systematically designed filtertypes and states so you don't have to worry about things missing or displayed incorrectly on certain profiles. In addition, this overview pack also provides a better, clearer, and more organized display for easier and more accessible overview in general.Overview profile list is subject to change between newer releases, see the logs for details on overview profile changes. Below are the list of some basic profiles this pack has to offer :
  • Normal pvp (default profile for second tab) : your basic pvp profile, shows all hostile ships (including newly added Retribution 1.1's attack and combat battlecruisers), with common pvp entities (bubbles, cynos, etc.). Recommended for : 2nd (main) tab.
  • Bashing structure : or structure bashing profile, to use for review/assess different pos modules and/or other destructible space structures. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
  • Bombing warpouts : custom designed overview profile solely for bombing run purposes, shows you nothing else besides warpout points. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
  • Hostile - all ships (previously clear - pvp) : basically a clean version of normal pvp, shows you nothing else besides hostile ships (with the exception of sun). Recommended for : 3rd tab.
  • Hostile - antibombers : an antibomber overview profile, very common/popular for use in nullsec environment. Shows you nothing else besides hostile stealthbombers and sun. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
  • Hostile - ship_specific (battlecruisers, battleships, recons, capitals, etc.) : ship specific overview profile for hostile entities, shows you nothing else besides the predefined/selected hostile ship types. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
  • Friendly - all (previously blue - all, default profile for the third tab) : the opposite of Hostile - all ships, shows you friendly entities of all ship types. Recommended for : 4th tab.
  • Friendly - fleetmates : same as above, but shows you fleet members. Recommended for : 4th tab.
  • Friendly - ship_specific : ship specific overview profile for friendly entities, shows you nothing else besides the predefined/selected hostile ship types. Recommended for : 4th tab.
  • Travel - default (default profile for the first tab) : overview profile designed for travel purposes, please note that this profile will not show you hostile ships/entities! if you prefer to have hostiles shown, use Travel - show everything instead!. ship specific overview profile for hostile entities, shows you nothing else besides the predefined/selected hostile ship types. Recommended for : 1st tab.
  • Travel - hide stations : same as above, but hides the station from the overview, mainly useful for use in hisec where there are more stations available per system. Recommended for : 1st tab.
  • Pve profiles : selection of different pve profiles for your need. Recommended for : 2nd or 3rd tab.
  • Dscan profiles : selection of different dscan profiles for your need. Recommended for : 4th tab.
  • Extra - align points : shows you warpable celestial/space objects commonly used as an align point during combat/fleet. Recommended for : 4th tab.
  • Extra - podsaver : the minimum state of align points, the default profile for the last (fifth) tab. Commonly used as a quick 'gtfo' tab/profile when your ship's blown up. Please keep this profile set for the last tab.
  • Bracket profiles : do not use any of these profiles for any overview tab, these profiles are mainly used for brackets, used in conjunction with the other profiles listed above. Access/switch between these bracket profile by selecting the dropdown list in brackets section on your overview settings.

CAUTION!!!

THE DEFAULT TRAVEL TAB (FIRST TAB) PROFILE IS SET TO TRAVEL : DEFAULT WHICH WILL NOT SHOW YOU ANY HOSTILE SHIPS! IF YOU PREFER HOSTILES TO BE SHOWN, SWITCH THE PROFILE TO TRAVEL : SHOW EVERYTHING!

DOWNLOADS AND INSTALLATIONBelow are the link to the latest releases for the overview pack, please note that starting from 0.3.0 release, there's only one file on each variant of the pack to simplify the downloads and installation. I have also discontinued the non-exportable version of the pack and replace it with a lite version instead. The lite version only has a few basic profiles included so it's still recommended for you to download the full pack instead.

Posted Image

LATEST VERSION (LINK ABOVE) IS : 0.3.0

Click here for the lite version | Click here to view archive (not working)

If you got the .rar file version downloaded, you can use various extractor program freely avaialble on the internet such as winrar/winzip (for windows users), or zipeg/winrarX (for mac users). If you're finished, please follow the instructions for installation and display setup as described on the images below :

━━━━━━ HOW TO SETUP THE OVERVIEW PACK ━━━━━━

Spoiler

Additional information for MACusers:QuoteIt states: For Mac Users, go to: ~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/User/My Documents/EVEOnly problem, is I needed to create an 'Overview' folder in the EVE folder, and unload the .xml file there before it showed up in-game.

━━━━━━ HOW TO SETUP YOUR OVERVIEW DISPLAY ━━━━━━

Spoiler

YOUR (SOMEWHAT) NEW OVERVIEW!If you have followed the setup guide (both for the pack installation and the overview display setup) as listed above, you may find a few but might be significant difference to how objects used to be displayed on your overview, especially if you have never used the pack before, or if you have never used the display setup as described above.Both the overview pack and the display setup were designed with focus to clarity and easy identification as it's main concept. Thus it removes the many (relatively) ambiguous coloring provided by CCP's default coloring and state orders.The way it's done, was by grouping every available state into the simplest format possible to make it easier for players to interpret each objects they see in space by reassigning them to their basic nature from your perspective by making use of the background colors. Which means, as you've noticed by the backgrounds (see the backgrounds setup on the image above) used, what you see in space will be divided into three primary groups of backgrounds, each with similar color schemes:
  • Red-ish (red and orange), to define hostile entities.
  • Blue-ish (purple, dark blue and blue), to define friendly entities.
  • White, to define neutral entities.
  • anything else will be shown without a background coloring, which means on most scenarios are celestials, structures or other non player objects. This will further help you to quickly identify these certain entities.

Spoiler

OK SO HOW DO I USE IT REALLY?If you're relatively new to the game or overview packs, you might seem overwhelmed by the new options provided by this overview pack or any other overview pack in general. To clear things up a bit, let me explain how overview in general and how this pack works :You will have five tabs provided to you,There's no right or wrong on how to use the overview pack, or even which profiles you use by default, the pack will only provide you with predefined templates, it's up to you on how would you make use of it.

Spoiler

You'll be given five overview tabs, each tab has their own preselected default profile, these default profiles will be marked with horizontal lines enclosing the profile name. You will also notice that each profile comes with preceding symbols before their names. These symbols are associated with each tabs as in :
  • First tab, is the travel tab, symbolized by ✈, meaning that any overview profiles with ✈ preceding the name were designed to be used in this first tab.
  • Second (main) tab, is your primary tab, the tab itself has no symbol displayed, but the profiles meant to be used with this second tab will have a star (★) preceding the name. It is recommended that you use the default pvp (normal pvp) or default pvp (normal pve). The pack itself sets default pvp as the default profile for the second tab.
  • Third tab (3), is your tactical tab, this tab were meant to be used as your secondary combat tab, this is most likely going to be the overview tab you will be switching profiles the most frequent. I recommend to use/switch to any profiles marked with a star (same with the second tab) for this one, depending on what you need at that time (for example, I use my antibomber profile mainly on this tab so I can swap between normal pvp and antibomber by switching between second and third tab).
  • Fourth tab (4), is your extras tab, you may use whatever profile you like, the default profile assigned to this tab is friendlies : all.
  • Fifth/last tab (warpout!), is your warpout tab. Do not change the profile in this tab, it was meant to be used during gtfo moments, when your ship is blown up or just needing to get out of that spot.
NOTE : All overview profiles follows the standardized tactical display requirements, including pve profiles, that is, all profiles have to show bubbles (interdiction spheres), cynosural fields, at least sun as a warpable/bounce point. All relevant bracket profiles will show you celestials, stations and gates as a basic rule. All profiles also follows the same/consistent predefined state of display between different groups (hostile, friendly or all). All of these basic rules will make sure that for every profile you use on any overview tab, you will always get a consistent state of entity display between the same group of overview profile (hostiles, friendlies, pve or tactical).Thank you for the support and to the people whom have contributed their ideas, thoughts and critiques for this overview pack. It is greatly appreciated and I hope you can continue doing so, also thank you for the donations. I will hopefully continue keeping the overview pack up to date.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS
I REPEAT NOT KOS SO DONT SHOOT HIM
#### SENT BY Wrik Hoover to All online hbc ####

#2 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

CHANGE LOGS (0.3.0)
  • Reworked the overview pack, including profiles and brackets
  • Reworked the usage and installation guide
  • Changed the pack encoding to UTF-8

older changelogs
Spoiler

Edited by Sarah Schneider, 31 March 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#3 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

If you have comments or suggestions, please post them here... Thank You.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#4 Studentay

Studentay

PWWNy

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Sarah's Test post of this is here.

I predict big things for this overview pack, as VIP's are posting in thread ;p

I've bitten the bullet & set it up & it's really quick. I managed to do it in just 2 jumps whilst on a fleet \o/
MILF muzak :somuchpony:
Hexfalion: stupid boattruck
ELA Riald: What the fuck is a boattruck?
Yornic: It's a banana that's shaped like a cheesepuff that tastes like motor oil

#5 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

The End is nigh

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, it cannot be stressed enough how easy the setup us. Only thing you have to do is juggle the colour codes around and that's stuff of 1-2 minutes max. All the upvotes. :D

4ubRrou.png

#6 Sahara Sena

Sahara Sena

Chocolate Stout Master

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

This is poetry in Overview Pack form. Excellent stuff Sarah, have all my upvotes.

#7 Lazarus 2010

Lazarus 2010

Veteran

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Awesome Sarah. Thanks.

#8 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

You're welcome...
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#9 Mistified

Mistified

Shadow Fleet Director

• Director
  • 385 posts
  • LocationLBC

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Just imported and configured. Awesome thanks!

Do we really need the tag column by the way?
[ 2011.08.28 00:08:59 ] Aethra Sunder > Mistified says if he weren't gagged for posting horrible horrible thingsi n local he'd be here making fun of you too
[ 2011.08.28 00:09:19 ] Xolani1990 > http://i.imgur.com/yk0XX.jpg

#10 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just imported and configured. Awesome thanks!

Do we really need the tag column by the way?

Not really, no.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#11 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

The End is nigh

• Guest.Veteran
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hm, something that shot through my head:

How about a profile and brackets for FCs with mostly tactical stuff on it that tells you the positions of your own and the enemy's fleet and gives you some other needed information?

Profile: Anything red and neutral to be able to call primaries (no friendlies), sun for GTFO fleetwarps (do not use ever, except for perhaps chasing enemies warping to it), gates for fast rightclick fleet movement, no drones (that's a job for underlings).

Brackets: Enemy and friendly ships of all types so you know where the respective fleets are positioned, wrecks for checking for warp-ins and roughly and quickly estimating losses to both fleets, bubbles, gates, sun and planets, POSes but not modules, sovereignty structures like TCUs, stations, again no drones.

4ubRrou.png

#12 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hm, something that shot through my head:

How about a profile and brackets for FCs with mostly tactical stuff on it that tells you the positions of your own and the enemy's fleet and gives you some other needed information?

Profile: Anything red and neutral to be able to call primaries (no friendlies), sun for GTFO fleetwarps (do not use ever, except for perhaps chasing enemies warping to it), gates for fast rightclick fleet movement, no drones (that's a job for underlings).

Brackets: Enemy and friendly ships of all types so you know where the respective fleets are positioned, wrecks for checking for warp-ins and roughly and quickly estimating losses to both fleets, bubbles, gates, sun and planets, POSes but not modules, sovereignty structures like TCUs, stations, again no drones.

Use :
pvp - default for the profile
brackets +friendlies for the bracket profile
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#13 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

New version released, 0.1.4 with several new additions and fixes.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#14 Mistified

Mistified

Shadow Fleet Director

• Director
  • 385 posts
  • LocationLBC

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Can I cup your balls?

:squee:
[ 2011.08.28 00:08:59 ] Aethra Sunder > Mistified says if he weren't gagged for posting horrible horrible thingsi n local he'd be here making fun of you too
[ 2011.08.28 00:09:19 ] Xolani1990 > http://i.imgur.com/yk0XX.jpg

#15 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

New release (0.2.0), with changes to overall profile organization and grouping and several alterations to the profile items. Including suggestions made by Iniquita and several other TEST dudes.

The way the overview profiles organized have been slightly altered (aside from the improvements made based on a bunch of suggestions), below is the new profiles contained in the new pack :

PVP ♘
- pvp default : shows the standard pvp items (ships, cynos, etc) including stations, sun and stargates
- pvp bombing run : meant to be used only for bombing runs, only shows bounce points (asteroid belts and moons), without any friendly/hostile ships, as suggested by Mister Vee
- pvp clear : shows nothing else but hostile ships, can be used for gatecamps where quicker reflexes are necessary
- pvp structure : dbrb's default profile
- pvp w/ planets : basically the same as pvp default, but also shows planets, for variation
- ship specific pvp profile ✈ with 8 different shiptypes, meant to be used when the FC calls for it. For example, instacanes can make use of the bombers profile to filter out other ships. For the record, all the ship specific overview profiles won't show gates and station objects

PVE ♧
- pve default : shows the standard pve items including friendly ships (so please don't be that guy who use this profile for stratops and go full retard on blues), this profile is meant to be modified since many people have different preferences, but just a reminder, if you're not using the exportable version, you won't be able to export the changes.
- pve anoms : the same as pve default, but with slight modifications to accommodate anom running.
- pve mining : spacerocks!
- pve w/ drones : same as pve default, but it'll also show you drones, friendly or hostile
- pve w/ friendlies : same as pve default, just in case you wanted to tinker around with the default one

TRAVEL ✈
- travel default : the default profile for the travel tab, this is the clean version of the travel profile! which means, it won't show any ships, at all, even hostiles! please beware. If you prefer hostiles to be shown on the travel tab, please use the travel - all profile!
- travel all : this is the second default profile for the travel tab for those who want hostiles to be shown on the travel tab, use this one if you need ships to be shown!
- travel stealth : basically the same as travel all, but this one is designed to be used for cloaky travel, it will show you space objects that could decloak you if you got too close.

BLUE ✪
- blue all : shows you blues, can be used to assess your fleet composition and friendlies in field
- blue ship specific pvp profile ✈ with 5 different shiptypes, can be used to view how many friendly logistics, dictors, recons, command ships or capitals are there on grid with you

DSCAN ✽
- dscan ships : the default profile for the dscan tab, will only show you ships, can be used to quickly dscan after gatejumps to provide quick intel
- dscan imp. : this profile can be used to pinpoint ships for active scouts, it'll show you celestials and other space entities to provide you are more complete info on ship locations
- dscan pos : same as dscan imp. but specifically for pos scans

EXTRA ❄
- everything : shows.. everything
- loot : shows you wrecks and cans

PODSAVER ❋
- the podsaver tab : the default and only option for the podsaver tab, shows you asteroid belts, custom offices and moons for that panic gtfo warp butan

BRACKETS ❑ (these profiles are not meant to be used on any of the overview tabs, it contains bracket profiles for bracket display only)
- brackets default : the default bracket profile used in conjunction with most other profiles, shows you bounce points, gates and important space objects such as control towers and interdiction probes, it will not show you ships or drones, this is made as a default so that people with lower spec'ed pc can still play the game, if you want to show all brackets, just hit alt+Z (default hotkey to show all brackets) or use the other brackets profile.
- brackets w/ friends : same as the default, but it will also show you friendly ships
- brackets w/ drones : same as above, but it will also show you drones
- brackets w/ wrecks : same as above, but it will also show you wrecks for tactical warps (or looting, whichever you prefer)

Edited by Sarah Schneider, 20 August 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#16 Yakumo Chidori

Yakumo Chidori

The End is nigh

• Guest.Veteran
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationThe Fatherland

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

PODSAVER ❋
- the podsaver tab : the default and only option for the podsaver tab, shows you asteroid belts, custom offices and moons for that panic gtfo warp butan

I am not so sure that moons are that good of an idea... There are a lot of unfriendly POSes around, which would mean fast death for a pod. What's wrong with planets? Yes, they may have someone camping it, but far less likely than the sun to be honest. Perhaps have a choice for the podsaver tab?

Also the PvP small ships was nice for Instacanes to not only see bombers in a very cluttered situation but if there were no bombers to be shot at also stuff like insta-blappable frigs and pods. Ah well.

That's the nice thing about your overview pack, you can still stick with older releases if you like those more. ;)

4ubRrou.png

#17 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

PODSAVER ❋

I am not so sure that moons are that good of an idea... There are a lot of unfriendly POSes around, which would mean fast death for a pod. What's wrong with planets? Yes, they may have someone camping it, but far less likely than the sun to be honest. Perhaps have a choice for the podsaver tab?

Also the PvP small ships was nice for Instacanes to not only see bombers in a very cluttered situation but if there were no bombers to be shot at also stuff like insta-blappable frigs and pods. Ah well.

That's the nice thing about your overview pack, you can still stick with older releases if you like those more. ;)

POS guns and mods requires a significant amount of time to lock a pod so it's still reasonably safe (providing people don't sit still nearby a hostile POS like nerds) and asteroid belts should be the primary bailout target anyways and since there should be more items displayed for belts and custom offices rather than moons on the podsaver tab. This was requested both by Iniquita and suggested by Mr. Vee and I agree with them on this aspect, I have had more problems bouncing to planets than moons, especially during major fights involving lots of players around.

You have a good point though, on some situations, bouncing to planets can be safer but as long as the player is actively playing, but the best bet is still belts and offices, and while moons can be a danger if one stood still without rewarping somewhere else, it's still a better option than gambling as to whether it's safe to warp to a planet or not.

As for the other profiles such as small ships, what you mentioned was exactly what I thought previously, but people have been suggesting that a clearer version of the bomber ship specific profile is the bigger priority and I can see their point, it's better to have a clean stealthbomber profile so that instacanes can have uncluttered overview display rather than displaying pods and other stuff so they can whore on KMs more since they can still do this by using another tab to display a normal pvp profile or they can just modify the stealthbomber profile to suit their preference.

PS: I'll bring this to TEST forums in time to farm further input from players, as I said, it's a valid argument regardless and totally worth the reconsideration.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS

#18 ELA Riald

ELA Riald

Logistics

• Guest.Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

You shouldn't be warping at 0 to anything anyway, so the odds of you getting blapped by a POS before you can bounce are pretty low.
ELA Riald
§ Manager of Special Faggotry
Manager of Elite Spaceship Operations in the Northern Regions

#19 Lorl Rofeller

Lorl Rofeller

SysAdmin

• Administrator
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

- travel default : the default profile for the travel tab, this is the clean version of the travel profile! which means, it won't show any ships, at all, even hostiles! please beware. If you prefer hostiles to be shown on the travel tab, please use the travel - all profile!

This will catch lots of people out, might be better with a different name from default? Maybe safe or highsec.

#20 Sarah Schneider

Sarah Schneider

Want a Personal Kangaroo

• Guest.Veteran
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

This will catch lots of people out, might be better with a different name from default? Maybe safe or highsec.

If it becomes a major issue, I'll switch them back to the other one that shows hostiles, in the meantime, I'll just put a bigger cautionary text on the overview threads.
Posted Image

WRIK HOOVER IS NOT KOS