━━━━━━━ version 0.3.0 ━━━━━━━
"Over 10,000 total downloads since release!"
While this overview pack were originally designed more heavily towards pvp purposes, especially for those who live in lowsec or nullsec regions and do frequent small gang or larger fleet combat, please bear in mind that this doesn't mean that the overview pack itself does not accommodate generic pve or pvp use. Friendly note, please read the installation guide and how to "unfuck" your overview below. You may also want to know what and how-to use and make use of this overview pack to it's maximum potential. Switching premade overview profiles is a feature provided to us by CCP, some of you may already gotten used to this type of activity, some of you may not. It is encouraged that you do, because it will make things a lot easier in the long run and will help a lot during certain circumstances.FEATURES
- Five preloaded overview tabs designed for easy access. Comes with easy to read/use default profiles and brackets.
- Carefully designed, field tested, and widely approved overview profiles to be assigned to each overview tabs to your liking.
- Standardized overview states and filters design, to ensure no information losses during combat and/or non-combat activities.
- Overview profile list ordering and grouping designed for quick switches between profiles and symbol presentation for more efficient and organized look.
- Custom designed and multi-colored brackets-in-space labeling, for better tactical awareness and space object identification.
- Complete list of PVP overview profiles, including anti-bomber profile, bombing run profile, hostile and friendly ship specific profiles, and dscan profiles.
- Preloaded warpout/podsaver tab + profile with more prominent tab display for easier access.
- Multiple custom designed and tested bracket profiles.
- Normal pvp (default profile for second tab) : your basic pvp profile, shows all hostile ships (including newly added Retribution 1.1's attack and combat battlecruisers), with common pvp entities (bubbles, cynos, etc.). Recommended for : 2nd (main) tab.
- Bashing structure : or structure bashing profile, to use for review/assess different pos modules and/or other destructible space structures. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
- Bombing warpouts : custom designed overview profile solely for bombing run purposes, shows you nothing else besides warpout points. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
- Hostile - all ships (previously clear - pvp) : basically a clean version of normal pvp, shows you nothing else besides hostile ships (with the exception of sun). Recommended for : 3rd tab.
- Hostile - antibombers : an antibomber overview profile, very common/popular for use in nullsec environment. Shows you nothing else besides hostile stealthbombers and sun. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
- Hostile - ship_specific (battlecruisers, battleships, recons, capitals, etc.) : ship specific overview profile for hostile entities, shows you nothing else besides the predefined/selected hostile ship types. Recommended for : 3rd tab.
- Friendly - all (previously blue - all, default profile for the third tab) : the opposite of Hostile - all ships, shows you friendly entities of all ship types. Recommended for : 4th tab.
- Friendly - fleetmates : same as above, but shows you fleet members. Recommended for : 4th tab.
- Friendly - ship_specific : ship specific overview profile for friendly entities, shows you nothing else besides the predefined/selected hostile ship types. Recommended for : 4th tab.
- Travel - default (default profile for the first tab) : overview profile designed for travel purposes, please note that this profile will not show you hostile ships/entities! if you prefer to have hostiles shown, use Travel - show everything instead!. ship specific overview profile for hostile entities, shows you nothing else besides the predefined/selected hostile ship types. Recommended for : 1st tab.
- Travel - hide stations : same as above, but hides the station from the overview, mainly useful for use in hisec where there are more stations available per system. Recommended for : 1st tab.
- Pve profiles : selection of different pve profiles for your need. Recommended for : 2nd or 3rd tab.
- Dscan profiles : selection of different dscan profiles for your need. Recommended for : 4th tab.
- Extra - align points : shows you warpable celestial/space objects commonly used as an align point during combat/fleet. Recommended for : 4th tab.
- Extra - podsaver : the minimum state of align points, the default profile for the last (fifth) tab. Commonly used as a quick 'gtfo' tab/profile when your ship's blown up. Please keep this profile set for the last tab.
- Bracket profiles : do not use any of these profiles for any overview tab, these profiles are mainly used for brackets, used in conjunction with the other profiles listed above. Access/switch between these bracket profile by selecting the dropdown list in brackets section on your overview settings.
THE DEFAULT TRAVEL TAB (FIRST TAB) PROFILE IS SET TO TRAVEL : DEFAULT WHICH WILL NOT SHOW YOU ANY HOSTILE SHIPS! IF YOU PREFER HOSTILES TO BE SHOWN, SWITCH THE PROFILE TO TRAVEL : SHOW EVERYTHING!DOWNLOADS AND INSTALLATIONBelow are the link to the latest releases for the overview pack, please note that starting from 0.3.0 release, there's only one file on each variant of the pack to simplify the downloads and installation. I have also discontinued the non-exportable version of the pack and replace it with a lite version instead. The lite version only has a few basic profiles included so it's still recommended for you to download the full pack instead.
LATEST VERSION (LINK ABOVE) IS : 0.3.0If you got the .rar file version downloaded, you can use various extractor program freely avaialble on the internet such as winrar/winzip (for windows users), or zipeg/winrarX (for mac users). If you're finished, please follow the instructions for installation and display setup as described on the images below :
━━━━━━ HOW TO SETUP THE OVERVIEW PACK ━━━━━━
━━━━━━ HOW TO SETUP YOUR OVERVIEW DISPLAY ━━━━━━
YOUR (SOMEWHAT) NEW OVERVIEW!If you have followed the setup guide (both for the pack installation and the overview display setup) as listed above, you may find a few but might be significant difference to how objects used to be displayed on your overview, especially if you have never used the pack before, or if you have never used the display setup as described above.Both the overview pack and the display setup were designed with focus to clarity and easy identification as it's main concept. Thus it removes the many (relatively) ambiguous coloring provided by CCP's default coloring and state orders.The way it's done, was by grouping every available state into the simplest format possible to make it easier for players to interpret each objects they see in space by reassigning them to their basic nature from your perspective by making use of the background colors. Which means, as you've noticed by the backgrounds (see the backgrounds setup on the image above) used, what you see in space will be divided into three primary groups of backgrounds, each with similar color schemes:
- Red-ish (red and orange), to define hostile entities.
- Blue-ish (purple, dark blue and blue), to define friendly entities.
- White, to define neutral entities.
- anything else will be shown without a background coloring, which means on most scenarios are celestials, structures or other non player objects. This will further help you to quickly identify these certain entities.
OK SO HOW DO I USE IT REALLY?If you're relatively new to the game or overview packs, you might seem overwhelmed by the new options provided by this overview pack or any other overview pack in general. To clear things up a bit, let me explain how overview in general and how this pack works :You will have five tabs provided to you,There's no right or wrong on how to use the overview pack, or even which profiles you use by default, the pack will only provide you with predefined templates, it's up to you on how would you make use of it.
- First tab, is the travel tab, symbolized by ✈, meaning that any overview profiles with ✈ preceding the name were designed to be used in this first tab.
- Second (main) tab, is your primary tab, the tab itself has no symbol displayed, but the profiles meant to be used with this second tab will have a star (★) preceding the name. It is recommended that you use the default pvp (normal pvp) or default pvp (normal pve). The pack itself sets default pvp as the default profile for the second tab.
- Third tab (3), is your tactical tab, this tab were meant to be used as your secondary combat tab, this is most likely going to be the overview tab you will be switching profiles the most frequent. I recommend to use/switch to any profiles marked with a star (same with the second tab) for this one, depending on what you need at that time (for example, I use my antibomber profile mainly on this tab so I can swap between normal pvp and antibomber by switching between second and third tab).
- Fourth tab (4), is your extras tab, you may use whatever profile you like, the default profile assigned to this tab is friendlies : all.
- Fifth/last tab (warpout!), is your warpout tab. Do not change the profile in this tab, it was meant to be used during gtfo moments, when your ship is blown up or just needing to get out of that spot.